Time to ‘Spring Forward’ on Sunday
Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday March 13 at 2 a.m. Don’t forget to set your clocks forward one hour before you go to bed. It brings an extra hour of daylight, and a strong desire to hit the snooze button a couple extra times.
Youth summer camp enrollment open
Enrollment for Hill AFB’s Youth Programs Summer Camp is open.
In-house registration (children currently attending the program) will be held until March 11. Open registration (children not currently enrolled) will be held March 14-25.
For open registration, an Air Force Form 2606 and quick reference sheet must be completed to place children on the waiting list. Parents will be contacted by April 29 for placement. Placement will be done by the current priority placement listing.
For more information or to register, call 801-777-2419 or visit Youth Programs in Building 883.
Lent and Holy Week observances
The Hill AFB Chapel Community is holding services in observance of Lent and the Holy Week. The chapel provides spiritual care and free exercise of religion to Hill Air Force Base employees and their families.
March 11 & 18 — Each Friday only, Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, noon, Catholic
March 11 & 18 — Each Friday only, Stations of the Cross, 5 p.m., Catholic
March 20 — Palm Sunday, 8:45 a.m., Catholic
March 25 — Passion Re-enactment, 1 p.m., Ecumenical
March 25 — Good Friday Liturgy, 3 p.m., Catholic
March 26 — Easter Vigil, 8 p.m., Catholic
March 27 — Easter Sunday, 9 a.m., Catholic
Hero2Hired set for March 23
“Hero2Hired” Job Fair is a career and employment event to be held, March 23 at the Southtowne Exposition Center in Sandy. The job fair runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., is free and will feature more than 80 employers for the benefit of un- and under-employed active-duty, National Guard, reserve, veterans and their spouses.
Attendees must register for the event at www.jointservicessupport.org/Reg/74H416.
Questions can be directed to Kim Watts, 801-432-4492, or Mark Harrison, 801-432-4536.
Military vs. military charity event
A military vs. military charity event involving the Hill Falcon hockey team will be held March 26 at the Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive in West Valley.
Event proceeds benefit the The Corps, a nonprofit charity organization that constructs shadow boxes for fallen veterans that are put on display in the high school they attended in Utah.
The puck drops at 3:30 p.m. and also includes a ticket to the Utah Grizzlies and Tulsa Oilers game later at 7:05 p.m. Discount tickets range from $10 to $17. For more information and tickets, call 801-586-3021.
SAAPM events approaching in April
In recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, Hill AFB’s Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Office is holding three events:
• SAAPM Breakfast — A complimentary breakfast at 8 a.m. April 4 at the Hill Aerospace Museum, with guest speaker Martin Liccardo, a health educator at the University of Utah. Previously, Liccardo was a sexual violence prevention specialist at Duke University and a coordinator for the Men’s Anti-Violence Program at the University of Maryland. His presentation will focus on the role of the community in the prevention of sexual violence. E-Invitations will be sent base-wide and registration is required.
• Glow Run — The Second Annual Glow Run is a family event that received rave reviews from last year’s participants and will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m. April 29. The event will include bouncy castles, free glow necklaces and bracelets, glow paint, music, candy, and a Glow Run around the fields and Fam Camp. The actual run/walk will begin at sundown, at approximately 8:15 p.m. Participants should wear a white T-shirt; they will be getting covered in glow-in-the-dark chalk as they run or walk around a mile long course.
• Golf Tournament — Keeping in line with the SAAPM theme “#notjustApril,” the SAAPM golf tournament will occur in May instead of April. There will be giveaways, team tee times, and food and drinks. For more information or to register, call 801-777-1985/1964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Days for 2016
AFMC has designated the following days as “AFMC Family Days” for 2016:
• Friday, May 27 in conjunction with the Memorial Day
• Tuesday, July 5 in conjunction with Independence Day
• Friday, Sept. 2 in conjunction with Labor Day
• Friday, Nov. 25 in conjunction with Thanksgiving Day
• Tuesday, Dec. 27 in conjunction with Christmas
Nov. 25 will also be an “Energy Shutdown Day” and the West Gate will be closed this day and all holidays. Civilian employees are encouraged to alter their regular day off to work around the energy shutdown day. Supervisors are encouraged to follow liberal leave procedures during the family days.
AFSA holds monthly meetings on base
AFSA, general membership meetings are held the last Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. in The Landing.
Members are encouraged to bring a nonmember with them.
For more information, contact Tech. Sgt. Jennifer Marrott at 801-920-2394.