HILL AIR FORCE BASE — Do you see your dentist at least twice a year for regular checkups? If so, you have an excellent chance of keeping your teeth and gums healthy for a very long time. Because your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body, maintaining good oral health is important—but even routine dental care can be costly, sometimes averaging several hundred dollars each year. Fortunately, the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program can keep you smiling and help you maintain your overall health, all at an affordable cost.
Here are just some of the many reasons why more than 1.5 million current enrollees find the TRDP to be such a good value:
• You get your routine annual services—two cleanings (or three with diagnosed Type 1/Type 2 diabetes), two exams and an x-ray—with no cost share when you see a TRDP network dentist. And, these services don’t count towards your annual maximum or deductible.
• Seeing a network dentist network helps you save an average of 22 percent on your covered dental care. With the TRDP, there is a large nationwide network of dentists to choose from. To find a network dentist near you, use the “Find a Dentist” link at trdp.org.
• Network dentists accept the TRDP allowed fee for covered services so there are no surprise costs beyond your expected cost share and deductible, where applicable.
• Each enrollee gets a generous $1,300 annual maximum, a $1,200 annual dental accident maximum and a $1,750 lifetime orthodontic maximum.
• The TRDP coordinates benefits with other dental plans, allowing you to maximize your coverage under both plans.
To enroll in the TRDP, visit trdp.org and choose the method that works best for you. Enrolling online using the Quick Link to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment site is quickest, or you can print an application from the TRDP website and mail it to Delta Dental along with your prepayment amount.
After enrolling, you’re encouraged to register for the online Consumer Toolkit®, where you can verify your program eligibility; review your benefits, coverage levels and remaining maximums and deductibles; check on the status of your processed claims and claim payments; and sign up for paperless (electronic) Explanation of Benefits statements.
Don’t wait to improve your oral health and your quality of life. Enroll in the TRDP today.