HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah — The Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, is an agency paid benefit, free to Air Force civilian employees and their family members, providing counseling and other resource and referral services to help better manage work and life responsibilities.
EAP services are offered as a free benefit from your agency and services are confidential within the limits of the law. You can meet or speak with an experienced, licensed EAP counselor who is available in your community to provide consultation, short-term problem solving, coaching, or crisis management.
No matter what the issue relates – work, relationships, family, health, finances, or substance use – the EAP is there to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The service can also help you identify needs and explore your options on a variety of topics, often doing the research for you to provide you the resources and referrals you need, including:
- Deciding whether to buy or lease your next car
- Selecting which credit card to pay off first
- Family budgeting, debt consolidation, savings and investment strategies, retirement planning
- College budgeting, buying a home
- Finding a financial planner in your community
- Connecting you to home improvement professionals
- Locating summer care, camps and programs
- Finding residential cleaning services in your area, within your budget
- Matching you to moving and relocation resources
- Healthcare power of attorney
- Family law, divorce, child custody, child support
- Identity theft, car accidents and related matters
- Living wills, consumer concerns, estate planning
- Criminal matters, traffic violations, small claims court cases
- And, much more
Access these free EAP services, including WorkLife4You, at 800-222-0364, or visit the website at www.FOH4You.com or www.WorkLife4You.com. Use registration code: USAF.