HILL AIR FORCE BASE — Work crews are continuing roadway repaving operations in Roy on 5600 South (Stage Road 97) between 3900 West and the Hill AFB Roy Gate, and in Layton on Hill Field Road from 2800 North to State Road 193.
The following are planned construction activities. Please note that due to weather conditions, emergency situations or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
Construction affecting the Roy Gate:
Sept. 10-early October: Place pavement markings and messages, raise utility manholes back to roadway surface grade, and install roadway signs
Mid-October: Final cleanup and project completion
Traffic control and construction impacts include:
• Lane restrictions will be effective on 5600 South between 3900 West and 2050 West on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and weekends during daylight hours. 5600 South may be reduced to one lane in each direction during these timeframes, with all lanes open during peak commute times. Motorists should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes when travel is time-sensitive.
• Lane restrictions and corresponding work between 2050 West and Interstate 15 will be completed during nighttime hours after 10 p.m.
• Business and residential accesses will be maintained. Very brief closures are possible when equipment is passing by residential and business driveways during milling and paving operations.
• Temporary sidewalk closures are possible in areas where pedestrian ramps are being replaced.
• Noise and lighting impacts are possible in residential areas during nighttime operations.
• Drivers are advised to reduce speeds and use caution in the work zone.
• For information, contact the 5600 South Project Public Information Team at 801-888-3159 or Roy5600@utah.gov. Additional information can be found at www.udot.utah.gov/go/roy5600.
Construction impacting the South Gate:
Early September: Crews begin removing the asphalt from 2800 North to State Road 193. Once work on the east side of the roadway has been completed, traffic will be switched to the east to allow crews to work on the west side.
It’s estimated all work north of Antelope Drive will be complete by early November.
To receive updates, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Updates” as the subject. Additional information can also be found at www.udot.utah.gov/go/sr232.