Eligible civilians can apply for out-of-cycle developmental education

Eligible civilians can apply for out-of-cycle developmental education


Air Force Personnel Center Public Affairs

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas — Eligible Air Force civilians interested in out-of-cycle opportunities to enroll in the Air Command and Staff College Online Master’s Program or attend Civilian Acculturation Leadership Training can apply through Sept. 30 for a 2016 slot.

The ACSC master’s program and CALT are two of many developmental education programs open to civilian employees that support the continuum of learning. Developmental education ensures civilians have the tools necessary to support the mission and to achieve their personal and professional goals. 

“Our objective is to provide the right training at the right time,” said Loretta Brown, Air Force Personnel Center Civilian Leadership and Development Chief.

• ACSC-Online Master’s Program

The 33-semester-hour ACSC Online Master’s Program includes 11 eight-week courses that explore modern Air Force operations and leadership. Program graduates earn a Master of Military Operational Art and Science degree. Program information is available on myPers and at the ACSC master’s program page.

Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s degree and have been a permanent GS-12 or GS-13 for at least two years. Employees who have completed both a master’s degree and ACSC or Air War College are not eligible.

• Civilian Acculturation Leadership Training

CALT is a two-week in-residence course similar to Officer Training School. It introduces employees to the Air Force culture and prepares them for future leadership roles. Program information is available at myPers.af.mil.

Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s degree, have between two and five years of continuous federal civil service by Oct. 1, and have be a permanent GS-7 through GS-13 or equivalent. Employees with prior military service or professional military education are ineligible. 

Complete requirements and application instructions are available on the myPers civilian force development page.

For more information about Air Force personnel programs go to myPers.af.mil. Individuals who do not have a myPers account can request one by following instructions on the Air Force Retirees Services website at www.retirees.af.mil/myPers/index.asp.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Create an Account!
Forgot Password?

Create an Account!

Want to Login?

Forgot Password?