(Editor’s note: This article was corrected to indicate the 2019 Federal Benefits Open Season for Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts will occur Nov. 12- Dec. 10. The original Oct. 25 article incorrectly stated Open Season was Nov. 12-Dec. 18.)
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah — The 2019 Federal Benefits Open Season for Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts will occur Nov. 12- Dec. 10.
Premiums can be found on Office of Personnel Management website, www.opm.gov/insure/.
The selection of insurance options and coverage required, such as medical appointments, surgery, and prescriptions are normally based on individual or family needs. Therefore, it is highly recommended employees research insurance options and coverage before making a final selection.
Other incentives available that vary across health care plans and might be a factor in making a decision include chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, substance abuse rehabilitation, mental health, and family or individual counseling sessions.
The OPM’s Guides to Federal Benefits provides important summary information on Federal Employees Health Benefits, Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program, and Flexible Spending Account programs.
The guides are available at www.opm.gov/insure/health/planinfo/guides/index.asp.
During the Federal Benefits Open Season, employees can:
• Enroll in a flexible spending account;
• Enroll in, change, or cancel an existing enrollment in a dental or vision plan under the FEDVIP program; and
• Enroll in, change, or cancel an existing enrollment in a health plan under the FEHB program.
The Federal Insurance Program is administered by the Benefits and Entitlements Service Team, also known as BEST, located at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas.
Federal employees can make open season enrollments, changes, or cancellations from Nov. 12-Dec. 18 by accessing the Government Retirement and Benefits Application, or GRB Platform, web application via MyPers.af.mil or the BEST automated phone system by dialing 800-525-0102.
Instructions for submitting an FEHB transaction online:
1. Open your web browser and go to MyPers.af.mil. Choose a login option and access the MyPers website.
2. Make to highlight Civilian Employee in the dropdown menu at the top of the webpage. Then click Benefits and Entitlements on the left-hand side of the page. Navigate to and click on Government Retirement and Benefits Platform. This will open a new MyPers website window.
3. Click on Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) Secure. This will take you to the AFPC Secure website. Click OK.
4. The AFPC Secure website will open up. Navigate to and click on GRB Platform (formerly EBIS). Here the GRB Platform website will open. Click Launch.
5. A new window will appear. Click the Health Insurance box and then navigate to and click Submit a FEHB Transaction.