HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah — The 2017 Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month campaign is “Protecting Our People Protects Our Mission.” This theme reigns true, because as Airmen we are capable of excelling when our Air Force puts people first. When we focus on taking care of each other and commit to a climate of respect and dignity, we in turn are ready and able to accomplish the mission.
This year the Hill Air Force Base Sexual Assault Prevention and Response office and our community partners are putting on a series of awareness and outreach events available to all personnel and families.
The events include:
• SAAPM Breakfast with Speaker: Military Veteran, Male Assault Survivor, Timothy Jones
• April 4 at the Hill Aerospace Museum from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Breakfast will be provided at no charge.
• RSVP (Civilian Release Approved): https://einvitations.afit.edu/inv/anim.cfm?i=334290&k=0162460B7257https://einvitations.afit.edu/inv/anim cfm? i=334290&k=0162460B7257
• Weber State Take Back the Night
• April 4 at the Ogden City Amphitheater
• SAAPM Self Defense Seminar/Safe Harbor Shelter Drive
• April 15 at Fortified Krav Maga in Layton from 9 a.m.-noon. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saam-self-defense-seminar-safe-harbor-donation-drive-tickets-31243924419
• Your Community Connection Walk Against Sexual Assault
• April 22 at Big Dee Sports Park in Ogden from 10 a.m.-noon.
• SAPR Office Open House
• April 26, building 460 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
If you would like to attend or volunteer, please contact the SAPR office at 801-777-1985/1964 or email Lt. Abigail Raney at Abigail.Raney@us.af.mil. The only RSVP required is for the breakfast event, which will cap at 180 attendees.