Flu season is right around the corner, and Utah’s largest single-site employer is encouraging all employees and on base personnel to get the flu shot.
Hill AFB will offer a variety of locations and venues for everyone on base to get vaccinated.
Beginning in September, the Hill AFB Immunization Clinic will focus its efforts on vaccinating all active-duty members. The 75th Medical Group will also coordinate with base organizations to schedule mass vaccination opportunities in the medical group’s ambulance bay for members not available during normal duty hours.
Other Tricare beneficiaries, federal service employees and contractors will be able to receive the influenza vaccine, in addition to, the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) and pneumonia vaccinations at on base health clinic provided by the Davis County Health Department.
The DCHD will offer a series of flu vaccination clinics on the installation beginning Sept. 16. Hill AFB employees are urged to get the flu vaccine at one of the following clinics:
• Sept. 16, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., The Landing (Retiree Appreciation Day event)
• Sept. 21, 1-4 p.m., building 265
• Sept. 26, 7-11 a.m., building 238
• Sept. 28, noon to 2 p.m., building 843 (EMXG conference room)
• Sept. 29, noon to 3 p.m., building 847 (large conference room)
• Oct. 4, 8 a.m. to noon, building 1295 (Poe Conference Center)
• Oct. 4, 1-4 p.m., building 1515
• Oct. 5, 7-10 a.m., building 225 (Joe Bailey Conference Room)
• Oct. 6, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Base Exchange
• Oct. 11, 8-11 a.m., building 1209 (conference room)
• Oct. 12, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Warrior Fitness Center
• Oct. 12, 3:30-5 p.m., building 225 (JBCR)
• Oct. 13, 8 a.m. to noon, Bldg. 1295 (Poe Conference Center)
• Oct. 13, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Hess Fitness Center
• Oct. 14, noon to 5 p.m., Commissary
• Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Base Exchange
• Oct. 18, 7-10 a.m., building 100F
• Oct. 19, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., building 674 (break room)
• Oct. 20, 7-11 a.m., building 507 (Roessler Conference Room)
• Oct 20, 2:30-5:30 p.m., Child Development Center – West
• Oct. 27, 10 a.m. to noon, building 849 (B41 conference room)
• Oct. 28, noon to 5 p.m., Commissary
• Nov. 10, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., The Landing (Team Hill Fall Expo event)
The following is an alphabetical list of all the health insurance agencies DCHD can bill. People interested in receiving vaccinations will need to bring their health insurance information or Tricare ID to ensure there is no out-of-pocket cost.
AARP – HMO
AARP – Medicare
Altius Advantra – HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Definity – HMO
Deseret Mutual Benefits (DMBA)
Deseret Alliance – HMO
Health Choice Utah – Medicaid
Humana – HMO
Humana X – only
Med Advantage – HMO
Molina – Medicaid and Medicare only
Selecthealth, Selectmed, Selectvalue
Sterling – HMO
University Health – Medicaid Only
UPREHS – HMO
For more information about the upcoming flu vaccination clinics, call Douglas Pierson, Community Health Element chief, at 586-9768.
Editors note: This article was updated to include the schedule of on-base flu vaccination clinics.