The 75th Air Base Wing recognized its 2015 annual award winners during a formal ceremony Feb. 6 at Hill AFB. Airmen and federal employees were honored in 14 categories.
Leaders from the community and base attended the event, which featured guest speaker, retired USAF Col. Randy B. Tymofichuk. From his experience in leading large organizations at senior levels, Tymofichuck spoke inspirationally about the theme.
“What does Legacy of Leadership mean? It is what you do in terms of driving a positive impact or an action to an individual to motivate and inspire them,” said Tymofichuk.
The winners will move forward to compete at the Air Force Sustainment Center. Center-level winners will then compete for Air Force Materiel Command recognition.
The 75th ABW award winners by category are:
• Airman of the Year: Senior Airman Jake M. Velasco, 75th Mission Support Group
• Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Tech. Sgt. Jillian D. Williams, 75th Air Base Wing Command Post
• Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Master Sgt. Mary Lou C. Merrills, 75th Mission Support Group
• Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Aaron M. Heintz, 75th Civil Engineer Group
• Volunteer of the Year: Tech. Sgt. Molly E. Callen, 75th Civil Engineer Group
• Team of the Year: Public Health Flight, 75th Medical Group
• First Sergeant of the Year: Master Sgt. Jamie L. Eichhorn, 75th Civil Engineer Group
• Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. David R. Jarnot, 75th Medical Group
• Key Spouse of the Year: Christy Winston, 75th Air Base Wing
• Civilian of the Year CAT I: Elizabeth Sarazin, 75th Communications Directorate
• Civilian of the Year (Category II): Tresithney Peraza, 75th Comptroller Squadron
Jeffery Welch, 75th Medical Support Squadron
• Civilian of the Year (Category III): Wesley Jones, 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron
• Civilian of the Year (Category IV): Delane Vaughn, 75th Logistics Readiness Squadron
• Civilian of the Year (Category V): Michelle Campbell, 75th Communications Directorate
Melanie Luddington, 75th Comptroller Squadron