HILL AIR FORCE BASE — The 419th Fighter Wing is celebrating 60 years of the Air Force Reserve’s legacy at Hill AFB during its reunion weekend Oct. 2-4.
The reunion is open to all current and former members of the wing and their families, including those who served in the following AF Reserve units at Hill AFB:
• 313th Fighter Bomber Squadron
• 313th Troop Carrier Squadron
• 733rd Troop Carrier Squadron
• 945th Troop Carrier Group
• 945th Military Airlift Group
• 508th Tactical Fighter Group
• 419th Tactical Fighter Wing
• 419th Fighter Wing
Special lodging rates are available at several local hotels. Guests can mention “Hill Reserve Anniversary Reunion” at the following locations:
• Courtyard by Marriott, 801-217-2300
• Hilton Garden Inn, 801-416-8899
Friday, Oct. 2
• Golf tournament will take place at the Hubbard Golf Course at Hill AFB. Registration for four-person scramble begins at 8 a.m.
• Opening social will be at 6 p.m. at the Hill Aerospace Museum. The event is free.
Saturday, Oct. 3
• “Run Like a Warrior” 5K trail run will take place at East Mountain Wilderness Park in Kaysville from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration begins at 8 a.m.
• “Heritage Run” Motorcycle Rally at the Hill Aerospace Museum runs from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and includes breakfast, lunch, and prizes. Registration starts at 8 a.m.
• Hill Reserve Anniversary Reunion in the Park will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hill’s Centennial Park, just west of the South Gate Entrance. The family event will feature history displays, military demos, bus tours of the 419th FW, an F-16 static display, live music from Working in Shifts and Crossfire, and a food truck festival. Other activities include bounce houses, games, and raffles.
• The main event, the Gala Banquet, will take place at the Davis Conference Center in Layton (time to be determined). The evening will feature keynote speaker retired Gen. Ronald A. Fogleman, former Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force. Cost is $20 per person and dress is business casual (no jeans).
Sunday, Oct. 4
• The 419th Security Forces Squadron Defender’s Challenge begins at 9 a.m. at Hill’s Centennial Park soccer fields.
Visit www.419fw.afrc.af.mil for more information.