WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio — During April and May, Air Force Materiel Command will promote its Spring Into Shape physical activity challenge.
Spring Into Shape is a command-wide initiative designed to promote physical activity for the AFMC workforce. Participants will receive a free copy of the “Quick Start Walking” DVD at the official check-in. Civilian Health Promotion Services will conduct the challenge.
How to Participate in Spring Into Shape:
1. Enroll online at www.AFMCwellness.com before April 16 (appropriated fund DoD civilians need to have an up-to-date Health Risk Assessment to participate).
2. Print your SIS confirmation email to turn in at the initial check-in with CHPS staff between March 30 and April 16 to finalize enrollment. You will receive the free “Quick Start Walking” DVD at this visit.
3. Perform physical activity and log your minutes on the www.AFMCwellness.com Activity Log between April 9 and May 20.
4. Attend the CHPS education class “Exercise Across the Lifespan.”
5. To be eligible for the completion award, you will need to:
a) Attend both enrollment check-in and completion award check-out with CHPS
b) Complete and log at least 600 total minutes (10 hours) of physical activity
c) Attend “Exercise Across the Lifespan” class from CHPS staff
Participants who complete the Spring Into Shape challenge requirements will receive a free copy of the “Fitness That Works” book from CHPS. Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe.
For more information, visit www.AFMCwellness.com or contact your local CHPS team.