JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, TEXAS — Enlisted Airmen in 23 Air Force specialty codes may be eligible to receive a selective reenlistment bonus effective March 12, Air Force officials announced last week.
The Air Force is moving forward with a higher end-strength, so AFSCs eligible for the SRB program will increase to address retention of experienced Airmen in some key mission areas such as maintenance, signals intelligence and mental health.
“All of these career fields are challenged to retain experienced mid-level Airmen,” said Col. Arch Bruns, the director of AFPC personnel services. “The (fiscal year 2015) SRB program will offer bonus incentives to Airmen in critical and emerging career fields with high operations demands and low manning that still require attention, such as battlefield Airmen, cyberspace specialties and specific maintenance career fields. These incentives will also help the Air Force retain key maintenance experience while we work F-35 maintenance manning options.”
The identified career fields have been at or below required sustainment levels for some time, so they were exempt from all fiscal 2014 voluntary and most involuntary force management programs (except the Quality Force Review Board).
“SRBs are judiciously and effectively targeted to provide the most return-on-investment in both dollars and capability,” the colonel said. “This allows the Air Force to retain Airmen who are critical to current and emerging mission requirements.”
The Air Force will continue to offer SRBs to the 10 critical career fields from the fiscal 2014 program and has added an additional 13 AFSCs to the fiscal 2015 program.
As follows is the complete FY15 SRB list; 13 added AFSCs asterisked:
1A8X1 Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst
1A8X2 Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Operator
1B4X1 Cyberspace Defense Operations
1C2X1 Combat Control
1C4X1 Tactical Air Control Party
* 1N2X1A Signals Intel Analyst – Electronic
1N4X1A Fusion Analyst, Digital Network Analyst
1T0X1 Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape
1W0X2 Special Operations Weather
* 2A3X3 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance
* 2A3X4 Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics
* 2A375 Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics
* 2A3X5A Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics (F-22)
* 2A375B Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics (F-35)
* 2A3X7 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation)
* 2A5X2D Helicopter/Tilt Rotor Aircraft Maintenance (CV-22)
* 2A574 Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman
* 2A5X4D Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (B-52)
* 2A5X4F Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (B-2)
* 2M0X3 Missile and Space Facilities
3E8X1 Explosive Ordnance Disposal
* 4C0X1 Mental Health Service
As with the previous SRB release, and based on changes in Department of Defense policy, Airmen are no longer able to request accelerated SRB payments.
For more information about SRBs and other personnel issues, go to myPers at https://mypers.af.mil. Individuals who do not have a myPers account can find instructions to create an account at www.retirees.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-120510-068.pdf.