The most effective weapon in the flu fight is an annual vaccination and they are now available.
Hill Air Force Base is partnering with the Davis County Health Department to make it easier for the base’s civilian employees to receive the flu vaccine during a series of on-base clinics from now until mid-November.
This year’s clinics will also cover Tricare beneficiaries such military retirees and family members. Blood pressure and cholesterol screenings will also be offered during some of the clinics.
The flu vaccination is a covered benefit by most health insurance plans offered to Hill’s civilian employees, and will cover the cost of the vaccine offered by the health department.
Employees who want to take advantage of the on-base clinics must bring their proof of insurance card; otherwise, non-insurance billed flu vaccine will cost $30 for quadrivalent flu shot and $30 for the flu mist. Other types of insurance billed flu vaccine will also be made available at the clinics.
Clinics are available:
• Nov. 6, 9-11:30 a.m., Bldg. 843, MXSG Training Room Northside
• Nov. 6, 12:30-2:30 p.m., Bldg. 843, EMXG Conference Room Eastside
• Nov. 12, 7:30-11 a.m., Bldg. 1209, Large Conference Room
• Nov. 13, 8 a.m. to noon, Warrior Fitness Center (Insurance Fair)
• Nov. 18, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Base Exchange
• Nov. 19, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Warrior Fitness Center (Fall Expo)
Additionally, the 75th Medical Group has both the flu shot and the flu mist available for all Tricare beneficiaries at the Immunization Clinic, which is located on the first floor of the Hill Clinic in Bldg. 570.
Flu vaccines are mandatory for active duty military personnel.
Vaccines are available:
• Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 7 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
• Wednesdays: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-4:45 p.m.
The Immunization Clinic and 75th MDG are closed for training on the second Wednesday of each month.
For more information about the flu vaccine clinics, please Occupational Medical Services at 801-777-1167 or 801-586-9768. For more information about flu vaccine at the Hill AFB Immunizations Clinic, contact the clinic at 801-777-5209.