HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah — The 419th Fighter Wing welcomed 10 community leaders into the Honorary Commander Program Nov. 4.
The HCP aims to educate local civic and business leaders on the mission, priorities, and training activities of wing personnel, and to raise awareness on the unique nature of Reserve service and its value to the national defense.
Civilian participants are selected because of their position, influence, and connections within Northern Utah. For the next two years, the 419th honorary commanders will be invited to unit and wing-level events that showcase the wing’s F-35 flying and maintenance operations, and full-spectrum mission support areas.
include the following:
• Weston Saunders, owner of Saunders Outdoor Advertising in Ogden, assigned to the 419th FW commander
• Lacy Bizios, logistics and procurement manager for Secturion Systems in Centerville, assigned to the 419th FW vice commander
• Kerry Gibson, Weber County commissioner, assigned to the 419th Operations Group
• Craig Saxton, owner of Chick-fil-A in Layton, assigned to the 419th Maintenance Group
• Mike Brown, chief of police for Salt Lake City Police Department, assigned to the 419th Mission Support Group
• Mark Shepherd, mayor of Clearfield City, assigned to the 466th Fighter Squadron
• Caitlin Gochnour, coordinator for JustServe.Org, assigned to the 419th Maintenance Squadron
• Allison Barlow Hess, director of public relations at Weber State University in Ogden, assigned to the 419th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
• Matt Throckmorton, executive director for Utah Military Academy in Riverdale, assigned to the 419th Force Support Squadron
• Bryan Brandenburg, co-founder of Salt Lake Comic Con, assigned to the 419th Operations Support Flight