HILL AIR FORCE BASE — During April and May, Hill Air Force Base will promote a Spring Into Shape wellness challenge.
Spring Into Shape is a command-wide initiative on how to safely lose weight and be physically active.
Participants will receive a free copy of the Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Weight Loss DVD at the official weigh-in. For Hill Air Force Base employees, the Civilian Health Promotion Services (CHPS) office will conduct the challenge.
How to Participate in Spring Into Shape:
1. Enroll online at AFMCwellness.com between March 24 and April 11 (appropriated fund Department of Defense civilians need to have completed the online Health Risk Assessment when they enroll).
2. Complete an official weigh-in by CHPS staff between April 2 and April 11, and receive your free Mayo Clinic weight loss DVD (while supplies last).
3. Perform 540 minutes (9 hours) of physical activity and log results on your AFMCwellness.com account between April 14 and May 27.
4. Get weighed-out by CHPS staff between May 28 and June 6.
To be eligible for the completion award, participants need to:
1. Log 540 minutes (9 hours) of physical activity at AFMCwellness.com
2. Lose 2 percent of their beginning weight. Example calculation: beginning weight is 200 pounds; 2 percent of 200 pounds (.02 x 200) = 4 pounds.
Participants that complete the Spring Into Shape challenge requirements will receive a free copy of the CalorieKing® Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter book, 2014 edition.
Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe.
For more information, visit www.afmcwellness.com or contact the Hill AFB CHPS office at 801-586-9586.
75th Air Base Wing Public Affairs contributed to this article.